Richter: The Rotting City
A downloadable game
Welcome To Richter
Richter: The Rotting City introduces dewy-eyed adventurers to Richter: an elderly, seaside metropolis, rotting morally & physically as it is slowly swallowed by the marsh.
The cause of The Rot is a debate for philosophers - both natural and metaphysical - but its effects are both pernicious and dramatic. It is a monstrous transformation. It takes the worst of the city and corrupts it further. It consumes whole neighborhoods, making them unfit for habitation. On the plus-side, plenty of treasure and unusual resources are left behind in these ruined locations, ripe for the taking by those daring and desperate enough to try.
The Rot also twists the plants and animals of Richter, spawning horrid beasts that prey on the unwary. These nightmares must be destroyed to ensure the safety of ordinary folk, but they are also sources of unique substances that occultists, diabolists, and alchemists will pay considerable coin to experiment with.
What's in the Zine?
Richter: The Rotting City is a system-agnostic setting book that establishes Richter inside the world of Kalduhr from Jesse Ross' Trophy, adding new history and horrors to an already doom-filled land. Within the 64 pages, you will find:
- Welcome to Richter. What life is like for the residents of the city, including: travel along its network of canals (spoiler: giant eels), weather, food, and opportunities for the indulgence of vice. It also introduces manifestations of The Rot, the mysterious force that twists, warps and poisons life in Richter.
- Powers. 15 different factions that can serve as patrons, friends, and foes to the treasure-hunters at your tables. Each faction consists of a description, a list of important people and locations, and their relationships with other factions. We’ve utilized a compact format, with one faction per page, to improve usability.
- Places. 7 different neighborhoods, each with key locations, notable NPCs, tables of daytime and nighttime moments, and places lost to The Rot. Each neighborhood is presented on a single two-page spread for easy reference.
- Adventuring in the Rotting City. Suggestions for GMs on how to use Richter in their own campaigns, in their preferred game systems. Specific games referenced are: Trophy, Best Left Buried, Dungeons & Dragons, Blades In The Dark, and Dungeon World.
- Illustrations bring the city to life in all its festering splendor.
Currently in Pre-Order!
We will be taking pre-orders through March 10th. The Hardcover version will not be available after this time.
To order a print version, please scroll below to the "Editions" section.
This game features a community copies model. There are a pool of copies of the PDF that can be claimed, for free, by people experiencing hardship and in marginalized communities. Every print version purchased during the pre-order period increases that pool by 1. That pool will be listed after the Kickstarter back fulfillment is complete.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $15 USD. You will get access to the following files when they are released:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
(PREORDER) Zine Edition - US Shipping
Receive the PDF of Richter: The Rotting City as well as the softcover zine edition. Choose this option if your shipping address is in the US.
(PREORDER) Zine Edition - International Shipping
Receive the PDF of Richter: The Rotting City as well as the softcover zine edition. Choose this option if your shipping address is outside the US.
(PREORDER) Book Edition - US Shipping
Receive the PDF of Richter: The Rotting City as well as the hardcover book edition. Choose this option if your shipping address is in the US. The Hardcover book will not be available after the pre-order period ending March 9th.
(PREORDER) Book Edition - Internation Shipping
Receive the PDF of Richter: The Rotting City as well as the hardcover book edition. Choose this option if your shipping address is outside the US. The Hardcover book will not be available after the pre-order period ending March 9th.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.